Anticipating "Oshkosh" 2016
Here are some important details:
- Please provide and wear your own agency name tag, complete with your First and Last Name.
You will need to wear your nametag at every meal.
- Provide your own parking and daily entrance fees
- Arm-bands can be purchased from MASA at the following EAA Member/Exhibitor rates. You can purchase your tickets online before June 15th at a savings
- Early Online (for EAA Members only): Weekly $118, Daily $30, Sunday (7/31) $16
- After June 15th or From MASA: Weekly $123, Daily $32, Sunday (7/31) $18
- Youth Prices are: Weekly $62, Daily $21, Sunday (7/31) $10
- Please contact Debbie Smoll for details 920.841.3906 or [email protected] Please consider getting your weekly pass as a pack-of-dailies so you can easily share your unused days with our volunteers. Please give any unused armbands to Debbie Smoll to distribute.
- Parking passes can be purchased from the EAA at $10 per day or $60 per vehicle for the week. Lower priced parking is also available at the farm (Relleumtdats) located at the corner of Waupun Road and Knapp Road and is a short walk, right across the back fence, to the MASA Hospitality Site.
- Plan to arrive on Saturday, July 23rd, if possible, ready for speaking assignments on Sunday, July 24th. There will also be speaking opportunities during the week and on Sunday, July 31st.
- If you are a speaker, please check your bio at www.oshkoshmasa.org/organizations/bios. Corrections and updates should be sent to [email protected]. Note that bios are only required for speakers desiring an assignment in a church or small group. PLEASE make sure your bio is on file with MASA at the time of registration.
- Make sure we have a photo, sometimes called a mug shot, so we can get a bit better acquainted. Please email your photo to John Lorenz - [email protected] If you are attending with your family, they should be included in the photo if possible. If you are happy with the one you sent in 2015, there is no need to send a new one.
- If you are an EAA member, please send us your member number. This information may be needed to secure our campground reservation. Each of our fourteen campsites will need to be linked to a different member number and paid for by MASA. Thank you!
- We are asking military veterans for a special opportunity to raise-their-hand. Frontiers of Freedom, (FrontiersofFreedom.com) a nationwide radio program, will be onsite to do some interviews with some of our veterans who are now serving in missions. Should be an interesting opportunity.
MASA will provide:
- Arrangements for speaking in local churches and small groups as opportunities are available. More than 70 assignments were scheduled for last year. Separate email communication is provided for each speaking assignment.
- Housing in area homes. Lynn Brown, 920.912.7126, is the housing coordinator; Debbie Smoll, 920.841.3906, is your back-up contact. Housing information will be sent to each individual or family unit with a confirming email to your organization's point-person. Please contact your host family as soon as those assignments are made to confirm the arrangements and your expected arrival. Contact Lynn if things change. Housing assignments are usually finalized two to three weeks before AirVenture.
- Meals at the MASA Hospitality Tent will be available starting Thursday July 21st as follows:
- Thursday, July 21st: lunch 12:00 - 12:30
- Friday, July 22nd: lunch 12:00 - 12:30 and supper at 5:30 hosted by the MASA Team.
- Saturday, July 23rd: lunch 12:00 - 1:00.
- Sunday, July 24th: lunch 12:00 - 1:00 and the evening potluck/Welcome event (5:30) at Plymouth Church in Oshkosh. Locals provide the food. You are our guest. Please plan to attend.
- Monday, July 25th through Sunday, July 31st: breakfast 7:00 - 8:30, lunch 11:30 - 1:30, and supper 5:00 – 6:30 with after-dinner speaker(s) 6:00 – 6:30.
- Monday, August 1: no meals.
- Please contact Joyce Ison, 920.419.1780, if you will miss a meal that you had planned to attend.
- Guests are welcome - but again - please alert Joyce in advance. Please bring your guests with you rather than sending them on ahead.
- A vehicle for use during the week, as they are available. Les Ison, 920.419.4250, is handling the vehicle arrangements. Please note that borrowed vehicles are for local use only and should not be driven beyond the local "Oshkosh" area. Please return your borrowed vehicle: washed, vacuumed and filled with fuel. (FYI, Daily car rental is over $125 during AirVenture.)
- Airport pick-ups at Milwaukee, Appleton, and Green Bay or other local airports: Gerry Mich, 920.750.8284, is our chauffeur coordinator. Please confirm your arrival information with Gerry (or your assigned chauffeur) - both voice mail and text- as you board the last leg of your trip. If you are traveling by private air, please let Gerry (or your assigned chauffeur) know of your progress, and let them know when you arrive. In each case, we also need to know your destination in the Oshkosh area. (Please note that the communication systems get really bogged down during AirVenture and messages get severely delayed at times. That is why we are encouraging both voice mail and text if voice contact is not made.
- A secure area to store your baggage, including a place to charge your cell phones, and manage lost-and-found items. Bonnie Hegner, 920.277.7612, our Bag Lady, is in charge. The security tent is guarded from 6:30 am to 8 pm – even longer during the night air show.
Limited Wi-Fi access is usually available - provided by the EAA.
We look forward to seeing you at AirVenture 2016. Anticipating what God will do again this year!
Lee Smoll, MASA Executive Director
Note: This information will be sent to each individual or family group after registration.